Friday, March 29, 2013

19 Days- Give or Take

Well, the countdown is on. For real. ha. We only have 19 days left until our due date. Which is just over 2.5 weeks. Which is not long at all! Thanks to both sides of our family throwing me a shower, my ward throwing me a shower, and some awesome friends throwing me a shower we finally have all the essential things we need (I think)! Just a few things left that we need to get. So thank you to all of you who helped us out. We are blessed with some pretty amazing family and friends. :)

The whole pregnancy I have been measuring small, so two weeks ago the doctor had us get another ultrasound to make sure the baby was growing appropriately. And she is. :) Turns out my torso is just freakishly long, so she has plenty of room to spread out without me getting too big. I hope this happens with every pregnancy!

She was measuring 5 lbs 7 oz at the time, and her measurements were all perfectly normal. Its pretty amazing to see how much she has grown. And how much better you could see all her tiny body parts and facial features. Here's a profile shot:

 So she should probably be at least a pound or so heavier by this week. And I can tell. She takes up pretty much all the room in my stomach. :) But I don't mind too much, because it means I can feel every tiny movement she makes, which I absolutely love. Even her feet constantly sticking in my ribs is kind of cool. haha. Uncomfortable, but mostly it just makes me laugh. Its also really cool to feel actual body parts rolling across my belly instead of just little taps and kicks.

At our doctor's appointment today, the doctor said the baby has dropped and I am beginning to thin quite a bit. So that's exciting (and crazy!) news! I had been wondering all week if the baby had dropped because I have felt a lot more pressure on my sciatic nerves on both sides. And it turns out thats probably why! She said it probably won't be this week unless things change significantly, but probably not long after that.

I hope she gives us a couple of weeks still. We do not have her room even close to organized. The only thing done is the crib, and we need to get our dresser before we have anywhere to put stuff. But then I can really let the nesting instinct take over. :) Our apartment is clean, and we have the things we need, but I feel so unprepared since nothing is organized. I also need to pack hospital bags pretty soon for both of us.

 We also hope she waits a couple of weeks more just for the sake of both our school situations. This week I am finishing up my last 2 assignments early so that I have nothing left but finals, and I am supposed to take one of my finals early on the 11th. And Scott has a pretty hard test on the 9th. So we are just hoping she hold on til at least that weekend. Which she probably will. Even though I am thinning and she has dropped, I haven't dilated and I haven't had any big contractions or anything. BUT- really its entirely out of our control. So we will be happy and excited whenever she decides to come.

And now to address the question that everyone has been asking... What are we naming her? I am afraid we are keeping that a secret. Haha. We have narrowed it down to a few, and we are waiting until we see her to decide. We have only told our parents what we have narrowed it down to, and nobody else. So we will announce it as soon as she is born and we actually know for sure. :)

In other non-baby news.... I graduate in about 4 weeks! So exciting. Its so weird to think that I am done with that part of my schooling! And awesome. School for Scott is also going well, too. After this semester, he will be half way done with Pharmacy School. This is also supposed to be the first of the two most difficult semesters, so he will have survived half of the worst of it. :) And time has seemed to fly by WAY faster since we have so much to do and not enough time to do it. :) Isn't that how life always is, though? haha.

Scott is also doing well with is knee. He had surgery over Spring Break, and he is recovering pretty well. Its taking longer than we thought it would since the surgery ended up adjusting his joint instead of just fixing his meniscus. But he's currently at work, walking all over the hospital. So he's definitely improving! :) Though I am sure he will be very sore tonight! He is getting pretty antsy to get back to playing basketball, and walking normally. But he's getting there.

By the time I blog next, we will probably have a new little baby. And life will be so drastically different. We are soooo excited, and its getting more and more real as we get closer and closer. I will post pictures as soon as we have some to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment